Friday, September 3, 2010

Always Smiling!

She made it! She was the first runner up in the competition and was calling me from the venue! I wish I had accepted her invitation and been there for her, with her to enjoy that greatest moment of her career success! This was Preethi my dear friend who had just won at a regional competition (I am not getting into the details of the competition here)!

Knowing Preethi and her smartness let me tell you she is a born winner, always! I have seen her through thick and thin and never has she failed to amaze me with her versatility, talent, smartness and so much more. The biggest take away from Preethi is her smile and composure during the most stressed times of her life! Her attitude is what I like the most and believe that is what has made her so successful in Life today.

Preethi is like my little sister. She is like a child, chirpy, giggling, making fun, running around, bubbling with abundance energy that at times I wonder where she is rushing to! You just can’t stop her! She will call me and say “Guess what ? “ and that is the most dreaded question to me…..will tell you why …….the best guess is always, she got a promo, she is going on a vacation, yes, she is unpredictable, once she called to tell that she had her breakfast at Bangalore, Lunch at Mumbai and Dinner at Delhi! So will leave it to your wild imagination. If I do not hear one of the above, and if there is a long pause, then I know, she is terribly upset. She is going through some tough times on her personal life. Her hubby’s health is not so good (though he is very young) and there are ups and downs now and then. The tension gets over her and seeing her sob like a baby is something that I cannot accept. She is absolutely her strongest self inside but needs a shoulder to lean on at times! Once she has vented her sorrow, she is smiling again, with lots of hope, with ever before enthusiasm and approaching life with open hands, running around, smiling, giving her best and believing that it is upto her to keep herself happy, to make the best of everything in Life!

We had lunch together today where she was at her best, excited, explaining her triumph in the competition, looking forward to the international pagent! Her recent trip to the US of A! Never once throughout her conversation was she pessimist about anything! It was a joy seeing her smile big! In between I checked about her husband and her look was the answer, “Don’t bring it up now!”….. I feel bad for doing that reality check, I should not have! Anyways in a minute she was smiling, put it behind her saying……..”I have come to terms”, I have decided that I am going to given in my best in whatever I can, be it at home, office or spending quality time with my darling princess! It was good to see her smile and happy. Here is wishing her all the success, I know by heart she will win at the international competition! Wishing her miles and miles of smiles through her life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment